Check out nor lock?

wori123

We develop VR project using Unity3D.And recently we are trying to use Plastic SCM for version control and work collaboratively.Beacuse we are trying, so we use [Team Edition license - 5 users( with Unity3D)].

But, when I check out a file, other people can check out it after I had checked it out.Document says If I check it out, it should be locked,and in Unity3D, it will show "Locked Remote".But, it does not work like this.

Thank you~

Thank you Shredder~.You answered so speedy.

I've got as document says.But I think the document dose not explain clear enough.

Create a new file "lock.conf" in server folder, on my computer the path is "F:\PlasticSCM5\server". And type

rep:XHGG lockserver:192.168.0.197:8822
*.FBX
*.tga
*.png
*.bmp
*.jpg
*.cginc
*.shader
*.mat
*.xml
*.wav
*.prefab
*.unity
*.cs
*.dll
*.anim
*.TTF
in it.
What made me blurred early is I don't know where to place the file.
: )

I'm not Shredder! I'm a stormtrooper!!

You need to place the file where the Plastic SCM is installed, that is where the "plasticd.exe" file is. After pasting there the lock.conf file restart the Plastic SCM server service and try a checkout operation.

The "cm listlocks" command should return you the locked files if everything is OK.

I guess 8822 is the port of your server and you changed the default 8087, tight? (no problems there, just checking if it's ok)

Aha~.... You are right, you are Stormtrooper. :mellow: You two looks like the same one.

8822 is the port of our server.It works. I don't know how to restart Plastic server, stop the service and restart it? And if I type "cm listlocks" in cmd, it says something about "not support ch", my PC's language is Chinese, I think It may be a bug~.

We decide to buy a license to try it go step further, working in Unity3D, our atists can lock asset, and can see its state is very good for us, and it works speedy, very good.And, the trouble is, it is too expensive~~ :mellow: 

Hi wori,

are you using linux for the server? in that case the following will restart the services daemon:

>/etc/init.d/plasticsd restart

If you are using Windows for the server just open the services window ("services.msc" from the run... window or command line), search the "Plastic Server 5" service and restart it.

Regarding the "not support ch" message, can you attach me your "client.conf" and "server.conf" files? you can send them to mlucio at codicesoftware dot com as they might contain personal information.

The files are in the "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server" and "C:\Users\YourWindowsUser\AppData\Local\plastic4" locations.

Thank you, now we can restart the server, we use Windows.

And we don't care about the personal infomation, I show it here.Another important reason is I don't konw how to send them to mlucio.

server.conf:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <Language>zh-CN</Language>
  <WorkingMode>UPWorkingMode</WorkingMode>
  <SecurityConfig>::389::jXawqZ9DrR0=:</SecurityConfig>
  <BufferPoolSize>0</BufferPoolSize>
  <AuditLogLevel>1</AuditLogLevel>
  <AuditLogFile>audit.log</AuditLogFile>
  <CreateDefaultRep>true</CreateDefaultRep>
  <LimitToLoadPusherGuidTableInFull>0</LimitToLoadPusherGuidTableInFull>
</ServerConfigData>

and client.conf:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <Language>zh</Language>
  <WorkspaceServer>192.168.0.2:8822</WorkspaceServer>
  <WorkingMode>UPWorkingMode</WorkingMode>
  <SecurityConfig>陈默:QaSGIp6J0E4=</SecurityConfig>
  <CurrentWorkspace>f:\XHGG</CurrentWorkspace>
  <MergeTools>
    <MergeToolData>
      <FileExtensions>.doc;.docx</FileExtensions>
      <Tools>
        <string>"D:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client\diffscripts\merge-doc.exe" "@destinationfile" "@sourcefile"  "@output"</string>
      </Tools>
    </MergeToolData>
    <MergeToolData>
      <FileType>enTextFile</FileType>
      <FileExtensions>*</FileExtensions>
      <Tools>
        <string>mergetool -b="@basefile" -bn="@basesymbolic" -bh="@basehash" -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -sh="@sourcehash" -d="@destinationfile" -dh="@destinationhash" -a -r="@output" -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding" -m="@mergetype" -re="@resultencoding" --progress="@progress" --extrainfofile="@extrainfofile"</string>
      </Tools>
    </MergeToolData>
    <MergeToolData>
      <FileType>enBinaryFile</FileType>
      <Tools>
        <string>binmergetool -b="@basefile" -bn="@basesymbolic" -bh="@basehash" -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -sh="@sourcehash" -d="@destinationfile" -dh="@destinationhash" -a -r="@output" -m="@mergetype"</string>
      </Tools>
    </MergeToolData>
  </MergeTools>
  <DiffTools>
    <DiffToolData>
      <FileExtensions>.doc;.docx</FileExtensions>
      <Tools>
        <string>wscript.exe "D:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client\diffscripts\diff-doc.js" "@sourcefile" "@destinationfile" //E:javascript</string>
      </Tools>
    </DiffToolData>
    <DiffToolData>
      <FileExtensions>.xls;.xlsx</FileExtensions>
      <Tools>
        <string>wscript.exe "D:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client\diffscripts\diff-xls.js" "@sourcefile" "@destinationfile" //E:javascript</string>
      </Tools>
    </DiffToolData>
    <DiffToolData>
      <FileExtensions>.ppt;.pptx</FileExtensions>
      <Tools>
        <string>wscript.exe "D:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client\diffscripts\diff-ppt.js" "@sourcefile" "@destinationfile" //E:javascript</string>
      </Tools>
    </DiffToolData>
    <DiffToolData>
      <FileType>enTextFile</FileType>
      <Tools>
        <string>$internal_tool</string>
      </Tools>
    </DiffToolData>
    <DiffToolData>
      <FileType>enBinaryFile</FileType>
      <Tools>
        <string>binmergetool -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -d="@destinationfile" -dn="@destinationsymbolic"  -a -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding"</string>
      </Tools>
    </DiffToolData>
  </DiffTools>
  <SetFilesAsReadOnly>no</SetFilesAsReadOnly>
  <SetRevisionFileDate>no</SetRevisionFileDate>
  <SupportSmbWorkspaces>no</SupportSmbWorkspaces>
  <PerformAddPlusCi>no</PerformAddPlusCi>
  <CheckFileContentForChanged>yes</CheckFileContentForChanged>
  <CaseSensitiveFsOnMac>no</CaseSensitiveFsOnMac>
  <SameItemDifferentCaseError>no</SameItemDifferentCaseError>
  <CacheServer />
  <CheckinQueuesSize>50</CheckinQueuesSize>
  <DownloadPoolSize>1</DownloadPoolSize>
  <UploadCompressionSize>1</UploadCompressionSize>
  <PendingChangesOnSwitchAction>Fail</PendingChangesOnSwitchAction>
</ClientConfigData>

We have buy it using another account named hr@xiaohukj.com, and we have a big trouble. I'll post a new topic to explain it.

Archived