Hi

we have the same issue (actually worse).  Last week our plastic client started saying that the license was expired and it wouldn't continue. This was 5.0.44.something.

We found some mention in various docs/etc of enabling auto renewal of license but that seemed to need a later version than 5.0.44, so we updated to Plastic 5.4.  This seemed to work fine at first, but had some issues:

1. Upgrade lost all information for some things like Jira integration (and there's a UI bug there if you change some things, it doesn't notice and doesn't apply change),

2. git information from advanced syncing to git was all gone

3. Still shows license as expired, but no longer stops us from using it

I sent an email to support a week ago about the CE license and got no reply yet.

I also had to update our build server, since unfortunately that was on Windows 2k3 so I had to completely rebuild that so we could install the 5.4 client on it.  That was a couple days work to get everything installed and working.

But when trying to build the code we found a files blank that was not blank on previous build setups.  In fact the file was not empty on my dev machine, and a workspace update did not change it, but if I renamed it and updated the workspace I got a 0 length file out only then.

So I wonder if maybe the database migration (we migrated also the DB at the same time) had a problem - how do we even find the content of a file in the DB to see if it's different?)

We could roll back to snapshots and try and install a later 5.0.44 that doesn't lock us out (or maybe we could have a license), but this would also be quite a lot of work, and we'd have to somehow save and restore the code changes we've done in the last week.

Any help would be appreciated.  

Adrien

Hi Adrien,

Could check if you have emails from fmonteverde at codicesoftware dot com ? He has wrote you 3 three times and he explains how to renew your Plastic SCM license.

Regarding your technical questions:

1. We have improved and changed the issue tracker configuration, that´s why you probably needed to reconfigure some of your Jira settings.

2.  What do you mean with advanced information? If you use Gitsync after upgrading are you facing any issue?

3. After checking your mail and upgrading the license, you shouldn´t face more issues.

- Regarding the blank file, if you create a new workspace and download the last changeset are you still reproducing the issue. Could you check the file revision history to check what happened and recover a previous version if necessary?

Regards,

Carlos.

HI Carlos

thanks for your reply and your email.  I checked again our mail server logs and it looks like I did receive a mail back on the 26th (but it must have got deleted or something - my fault) so apologies for saying I didn't get a response.

I'll follow up by email on the other thing.

Thanks again

Adrien

Archived