Trying to evaluate the Cloud edition but the Unity plugin won't load

jasonyak

Hi,

I've been trying for hours to setup the cloud edition of Plastic to evaluate it. I've created a repo and a workspace, I've copied in a Unity project into my workspace. But when I try and configure the Editor settings to use Plastic it says this:

PlasticSCM not installed. Please visit http://www.plasticscm.com to download PlasticSCM or contact support team at: support@codicesoftware.com

Cannot load PlasticSCM overlays when plugin is not running

If I show the contents of macplastic, the plugin app file appears to have a grey line through it indicating that its not a valid application. I'm using the latest Unity patch 5.3.4p1, I'm running El Capitan OSX 10.11.3 and have the latest cloud edition of Plastic installed. 

Assuming I get this working there's another topic that I'm unclear about. When using SVN I need to manually configure which items are ignored so that only the Assets folder and ProjectSettings are actually under source control. The Unity docs suggest that the Plastic plugin integration will take care of this, but I can't find anything that says either way. Do I need to manually choose which folders to add and ignore?

But anyway, the main thing is trying to get the Plastic plugin actually working, this is a time sensitive issue and if we can't evaluate it properly we'll have to go with something else like Perforce. Thanks for your help.

post-31938-0-35507400-1459404474_thumb.png

Anyone?!

I’m also confused because I’ve seen various mentions to there being a natively integrated Unity plastic plugin as well but then that doesn’t appear to be working or any sign that it exists either. Very confused about this whole setup?!

^ Yes that's fixed my issue and the plugin connects, thanks very much!! =)

I've got one other strange issue now that I've been able to start using the plugin. If I make changes to a file that's under version control, in the Versioning window in Unity, if I right click and choose Diff > Against Head, the connection to the plastic repo is lost and it jumps to this view (see attached image). I can then just hit the refresh button and hit reconnects with no issue. It's strange, I can't trigger a diff and when I try it disconnects. Could this be another path issue where the path to the diff app is incorrect?

post-31938-0-84300600-1459554620_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Manu.. sorry for the late reply. I never received an alert that a reply came in, I have to check my settings for watching this thread. 

I just checked and it seems that this is the problem, I can't choose Plastic SCM Merge from the diff drop down menu, it only has Apple File Merge in the list. Another path problem perhaps?

With the first path issue, do you know if Unity are working on a fix, or if a bug report has been submitted? I've written something in the forums, but they really should be prodded about fixing the path. They are pretty good at fixing bugs these days, but can take weeks for it fit with into their patch release schedule.

Hi Jason!

I spoke with the Unity guys and it seems there's a bug with the Merge tool too, it should prompt the Plastic SCM one but it's not available. They will work on it.

Regarding the first issue, yes, it has been notified some weeks ago and it should be fixed soon.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Chris

I'm trying to setup my dev team with Plastic SCM on Unity 4.7.2 for our game but I can't select Plastic as the plugin. I don't know how I can tell if the plugin is activated or not. I tried to change the path as mentioned in the referenced post above. 

I'm using the latest version of Sierra.

Archived