Using CM Find on all repositories

sbaum

I've got two questions:

1. Is there a way to run the cm find command against all repositories?  I'm aware that I can supply a list of repositories using "on repositories 'repo1', 'repo2'", however we have over 100 repositories.  I've wanted to find out how many check-ins someone has done across all repositories, but it would be too cumbersome to list every repository on the command prompt.
  2. Is there a way to search for specific text in all files in all repositories?  We recently had to change a connection string in many of our projects and it would have been nice to search through our entire codebase for specific text so I knew which projects I needed to update. I ended up having to manually create a workspace for each repository and look at each project.

We've been using Plastic for a couple years now and really enjoy it.  Thanks for making this great product!

Hi!

Bad new I'm afraid.

1) Nop sorry, you need to specify all the repository names.

2) Nop, not possible, yet.

We've been using Plastic for a couple years now and really enjoy it.  Thanks for making this great product!

You are very welcome! :)

Thanks for the response.  I will post ideas on the user voice forum. 

For #2, is it possible to query the database for this information?  Our Plastic backend is MS SQL and if the code is stored in there we could write some queries ourselves to find keywords in the code.

Archived