Crash on 4.0 OSX Client

pseabury

Whenever I start the OSX client on my Mac (both client and server are Community edition 4.x RTM builds), I constantly get a

Field "dateTimeOffsetPattern" not found in class System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo

I should add the mono runtime info is:

Mono JIT compiler version 2.10.6 (tarball Fri Sep 16 00:13:06 EDT 2011)
Copyright (C) 2002-2011 Novell, Inc, Xamarin, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS:		   normal
SIGSEGV:	   normal
Notification:  kqueue
Architecture:  x86
Disabled:	  none
Misc:		  debugger softdebug
LLVM:		  yes(2.9svn-mono)
GC:		    Included Boehm (with typed GC)

post-291-0-75086500-1321973105_thumb.png

Hi Sebastian,

yep, there is no entry on the latest release notes due to the task was integrated on the BL230.9 and then this release was integrated on the BL237.1.

We must find a way to report this kind of tasks and show them on the release notes...

Regards,

manu

Yes, it's an internal issue. We integrated that bugfix in a different production line, so the bugfix was applied in the mainline when that production line was integrated in the mainline.

We REALLY need to provide a better mechanism for the release notes; I've detected this problem also in fixes applied in both 3.0 and 4.0 versions.

Sorry for the inconveniences and best regards,

Luis

By the way: Plastic 3.0.187.32 (linux) has the same issue that you silently fixed in Plastic 4 ! I bumped into it as an updated server forced my client to be updated as well.

My solution was to take the mono installation coming with plastic 4 (linux) and placed it into the respective spot of my plastic 3 installation, which seems to have fixed the problem.

Its surprising that the Plastic 3 installer is newer, yet doesn't contain the patch. Also I wonder if you test your product on Linux, and if so why it seems to work on your systems.

Archived