Problems with TeamCity plugin

CodingGorilla

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

The last week we have been working on the TeamCity plugin and we have a new release with several improvements.

You can check the details here: http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/1322-new-public-release-4110394/

We had worked on the issue #2 and issue #3 described by Olaf, and several code upgrades:

·         Patch transmission, useless metadata information was sent.
·         Patch generation, the algorithm has been improved.

·         Reduce SCM operations, useless operations has been removed.

We will continue working to fix the rest of issues.

All the feedback is welcome.

Hi Manuel!

After two days running the new version on our production server, I would like to give a short status report.

I can confirm that BUG#2 (Subsequent added and deleted operations) and BUG#3 (Deleted items are not propagated) have been
fixed. I also verified that the correct changeset will be labeled. This was an old bug, fixed some time ago – no regression here.

I can also confirm that our performance issues have been solved. With 70 active Plastic SCM VCS-roots the time for checking for
changes is down to a few seconds. In some cases - when many builds start at the same time - it took up to 2 minutes, but the
bottleneck here is poor HDD I/O.

That said, we are pretty happy with this update. What a massive improvement!

Many thanks!!!

Hi,

I've upgraded the TeamCity plugin to the latest version and started to receive such errors:

Error creating workspace name tc_25 at D:\AbcPatches65: The workspace tc_1470619706493798349_-8400991546382775483_wk (d:\AbcPatches65) already exists. 

jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.VcsException: Error creating workspace name tc_25 at D:\AbcPatches65: The workspace tc_1470619706493798349_-8400991546382775483_wk (d:\AbcPatches65) already exists. 
at com.codicesoftware.plugins.teamcity.WorkspaceManager.createWorkspace(WorkspaceManager.java:97) 
at com.codicesoftware.plugins.teamcity.WorkspaceManager.ensureWorkspace(WorkspaceManager.java:32) 
at com.codicesoftware.plugins.teamcity.PlasticVcsSupport.getCurrentVersion(PlasticVcsSupport.java:349) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.impl.VcsRootInstancesManagerImpl$SVcsRootInstance.getCurrentRevision(VcsRootInstancesManagerImpl.java:83)
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.impl.VcsChangesLoaderImpl.getCurrentVersion(VcsChangesLoaderImpl.java:88) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.impl.VcsChangesLoaderImpl.collectRevisionsForAllRoots(VcsChangesLoaderImpl.java:53) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.impl.VcsChangesLoaderImpl.getLoadChangesIntervals(VcsChangesLoaderImpl.java:2) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.impl.VcsChangesLoaderImpl.loadChangesNoLocking(VcsChangesLoaderImpl.java:38) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.impl.VcsChangesLoaderImpl.loadChanges(VcsChangesLoaderImpl.java:133) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.impl.VcsManagerImpl.loadChanges(VcsManagerImpl.java:604) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.auth.SecuredVcsManager.loadChanges(SecuredVcsManager.java:72) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.VcsModificationChecker$1.run(VcsModificationChecker.java:11) 
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) 
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 
Caused by: com.codicesoftware.plastic.core.PlasticException: The workspace tc_1470619706493798349_-8400991546382775483_wk (d:\AbcPatches65) already exists. 

at com.codicesoftware.plastic.core.PlasticShell.execute(Unknown Source) 
at com.codicesoftware.plastic.commands.CreateWorkspaceCommand.Execute(Unknown Source) 
at com.codicesoftware.plugins.teamcity.WorkspaceManager.createWorkspace(WorkspaceManager.java:81) 
... 17 more 
com.codicesoftware.plastic.core.PlasticException: The workspace tc_1470619706493798349_-8400991546382775483_wk (d:\AbcPatches65) already exists. 

at com.codicesoftware.plastic.core.PlasticShell.execute(Unknown Source) 
at com.codicesoftware.plastic.commands.CreateWorkspaceCommand.Execute(Unknown Source) 
at com.codicesoftware.plugins.teamcity.WorkspaceManager.createWorkspace(WorkspaceManager.java:81) 
at com.codicesoftware.plugins.teamcity.WorkspaceManager.ensureWorkspace(WorkspaceManager.java:32) 
at com.codicesoftware.plugins.teamcity.PlasticVcsSupport.getCurrentVersion(PlasticVcsSupport.java:349) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.impl.VcsRootInstancesManagerImpl$SVcsRootInstance.getCurrentRevision(VcsRootInstancesManagerImpl.java:83)
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.impl.VcsChangesLoaderImpl.getCurrentVersion(VcsChangesLoaderImpl.java:88) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.impl.VcsChangesLoaderImpl.collectRevisionsForAllRoots(VcsChangesLoaderImpl.java:53) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.impl.VcsChangesLoaderImpl.getLoadChangesIntervals(VcsChangesLoaderImpl.java:2) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.impl.VcsChangesLoaderImpl.loadChangesNoLocking(VcsChangesLoaderImpl.java:38) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.impl.VcsChangesLoaderImpl.loadChanges(VcsChangesLoaderImpl.java:133) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.impl.VcsManagerImpl.loadChanges(VcsManagerImpl.java:604) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.auth.SecuredVcsManager.loadChanges(SecuredVcsManager.java:72) 
at jetbrains.buildServer.serverSide.impl.VcsModificationChecker$1.run(VcsModificationChecker.java:11) 
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) 
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Knowing that it's a stupid feedback, I have to remind you another issue of the TeamCity plugin: http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/1152-teamcity-plugin-run-build-with-specific-cs-not-working, https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/3240406-full-plasticscm-4-integration-to-teamcity-7-1

Nevertheless, we are happy about these bugs being fixed too. ^_^

it seems like my existing TeamCity configuration stopped working when i updated to this latest plugin (downloaded today, not sure where the versioning for the plugin is indicated).

my configuration makes use of two VCS Roots, one uses checkout rules in TC in order to pull some script files used during the build process. The TC logs show that the repo was updated to the latest CS successfully and it seems like the checkout rules run since it creates the container folder where the script files should get placed, yet the directory remains empty after the VCS update finishes.

I'm going to revert to the previous plugin i had installed in TC to remedy this for now but could I send someone the TC log files to help troubleshoot this?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived