Feature Request: Branch's States

cidico

Hello guys,

What do you think about allow plastic's users to inform the branch's states?

I created an idea on uservoice: http://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/2501040-branch-s-states

But I bet that you could create an internal task management system all around branches and branch-per-task idea! :)

I attempted to do this using attributes (which led to me finding a bug that they are currently fixing). I feared that over the duration of a project I would create a lot of branches and the branch list view would get muddled along with the branch explorer. The attributes allowed me to specify branches that needed to be merged from branches that had already been merged.

Assuming they fix that bug could attributes be a solution for you?

Well, It certainly would be great, but I never used attributes before. I have to study this feature.

If you say it helped you on the task, then I guess it works for me too.

But if Plastic had it's own task management system it would be a dream! :)

Hi guys!

We do have our own issue tracking system down here... it is called "TTS" (task tracking system) but, admittedly, it is not a the level of JIRA or any other well finished one out there...

My goal last year was to release it and make it another product out of it, or just a PlasticSCM companion, but we run out of time... So... well, not sure we'll do it in the short future... :(

David and I coded TTS back in ... 2001!! We loved it and we wanted to use it when we started up Codice, back in 2005.

It has some special features (user pain, estimated hours, real worked hours, burn down chart) that used to be cool... but yes, JIRA or Mantis are good enough.

We're using JIRA for issue tracking, with the Plastic - JIRA integration configured. So far so good, hope it stays that way, as we haven't really gotten too far into coding and using task per branch heavily yet!

The integration between the two is nice, JIRA issue info is included in Plastic (branch explorer) for task branches, and Plastic changeset info can be included in JIRA issues associated with Plastic task branches.

Archived