Error when renaming branch

cidico

Hi!

I tried to rename a branch at Plastic GUI but I'm getting an error.

The renaming operation occurs without problems, but still the error is shown:

"Current workspace selector doesn't contain any rule for the repository Frigelar@WKS16:8087".

After I press the OK button, I need to refresh the DBrEx manually and the the branch is with the new name. Then, I tried to switch workspace to this branch and a new error message is shown:

"Can't load the root item. The workspace selector probably contains errors.".

If I close the Plastic GUI and reopen, the switch happens without any problem.

PS: The operation is ok, the problem is the errors messages and the restart of Plastic GUI. :)

Yeah, the problem is that the branch specified in the selector does not longer exist (because it has been renamed); however the error could be more specific, you're right.

On the other hand there's no easy way to know when a branch has been renamed to update every selector of every workspace that is loading that branch currently, the system cannot be that smart, you know.

Best,

Luis

Hi,

We've developed a solution that will work in most cases; now, when the current branch is renamed, the selector is edited accordingly. However, this will only work in the current workspace.

It will be included in a future release soon.

Best,

Luis

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to add this happens too when deleting a branch. Would be better to go up by one level when a branch is deleted. What do you think?

Edit: OK not exactly the same error message - but similar.

I think in your case the selector is also wrong :(

We can do something similar as when we delete a changeset (automatically update to the new branch Head), in this case we can update to the parent branch.... I think it's more clear for the user

As far as I can determine that: yes it's like you said.

Update to parent branch would give the best user experience I agree. In my opinion this is what a programmer (which most Plastic Users are ;-) would assume when something in the "focus" is deleted. At least much better than getting an error message when trying to check-in.

Archived