bringing back a changelist

nikhilhs

Well, I never did what you're saying.. To me is just: "Oh... you're already did this in your branch?" then I delete my last cset.

Then I switch my workspace to the same branch and Plastic updates my files to the latest revision.

Don't remove the feature, just pop up several annoying messages of confirmation explaining what will happen after the delete! :)

I wanted to change the state of the repository to what it was before the deleted changeset. Fortunately, I was able to recover the files from my backup system. However, is there a way to revert the state of the repository to changeset - 1? I'd be fine if it created a new changeset at changeset + 1 that's the same as changeset - 1.

I think removing the functionality of deleting a changeset would be a mistake, but understanding why the user mistakenly deletes a changeset is worthwhile. In this case it sounds like the user wanted to go back to a previous changeset. Perhaps making the "Switch workspace to this changeset" more prominent and moving "Delete changeset" to hide it a little would be beneficial.

I think too that you have to be careful sometimes when approaching a problem like this. Part of the great thing about a good source control software like Plastic is that you never have to delete anything, and, in practice, shouldn't be doing it.

• 1 month later...

Archived