Trying to undo a change

carpediemevive

I have a changeset with two small changes in it. I want to undo one of these changes. I went to do a subtractive merge, and I have to do a full subtractive merge in order to complete it. I can easily just complete the subtractive merge, and then re-make the second small change, but I'm wondering is there a better way to do it, or is this just a lesson to really make even tinier commits?

Hi carpediemevive,

in your case I think the easier way is the revert operation. Just open the history view of the item you want to "undo" and select the "good" revision. Right click on it and select the revert to this revision option.

The subtractive merge is useful when you want to completely extract a changeset, for example if you are integrating task branch and it breaks the release tests, you subtractive merge the changeset created in order to get rid of it.

Why not reverting the undesired revision to the previous one? This create a simple new changeset without making your branch dirt with special merge links.

Best,

Luis

Why? Because I always make things more difficult than they have to be ;) .

xD it happens to me also, don't worry we are here to help and I'm sure that your question will help more users.

The revert operation is more or less hidden but it's really useful in this kind of scenarios.

Archived