How to revert selected files

dkoontz

Some over zealous artists deleted some files out of our project and now we need to restore a few of them. I know the changeset where the files were deleted, but I cannot see how to restore the 4 files that I need back. I have tried reverting the entire directory by going to "View History, right clicking on the revision and choosing "Revert to this revision", which gives me a message saying the contents of the directory will be reverted, but nothing happens. My empty directory remains empty. So ideally I'd like to restore just the 4 files I need, but I would settle for restoring the entire directory back to the changeset when the files were deleted. I cannot get either to work.

Hi dkoontz,

the revert operation over the directory revision that contains the deleted files should reload the elements. Can you check that after the revert the directory is shown as Controlled and replaced, and the cset column remains empty? Like this:post-112-0-28380200-1333443154_thumb.png

I am able to get partially back to the state you are showing in your screenshot. I think my error was that I was trying to revert the entire workspace instead of a specific directory. When I revert the directory directly I do get an empty changeset number, or I get an error saying "The item 59605 can't be copied on path '/Users/Username/Project/foo/bar' because the item 65279 is already loaded on this path", depending on which revision I'm trying to revert to. So I think that will work for reverting the entire directory. Am I correct in thinking there's no way to revert just selected files if they have been deleted?

Archived