Workspace house on wrong branch

gregsohl

It seems the little house that shows the current changeset and branch that your workspace is pointing to in the BranchExplorer has a problem. After creating a branch from main (Task47) I right clicked on Task47 and switched my workspace to it successfully. However the little house stays on the changeset back on the main branch. You can see from the selector details at the top of the screen that my workspace is on /main/Task47, but the house is not.

post-1749-0-31780700-1333661052_thumb.gif

This is because the branch doesn't have any actual changes in it, so while you're on your new branch, all of the data on that branch is actually coming from the branch's base. I found this extremely confusing as well. There is a suggestion on user voice to change it.

http://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/2495657-branch-explorer-incorrectly-displays-the-current-b

Oddly enough, I was just a page away from the point in the documentation where it explains the "house" positioning - wrong though it may be. Glad they are changing it. Leaving it on the original branch, NOT on branch the workspace is switched to is very confusing.

• 1 month later...

Archived