Migration to 4.1 issue 1 - HELP!

jpadgett

I was following the migration guidelines (https://www.plastics...stic-scm-4.aspx) and everything up to the import seemed to work fine.

I am now trying to import my repositories - I have 9 of them. Seven of them imported with no issues, and appear to be okay in branch explorer.

My two largest repos are having an issue, though. When importing, the repository is created and the process begins - but then errors out with:

2012-07-02 15:47:15,695 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM at PFALT-7131 ERROR Operations - Plastic server version: 4.1.10.306
2012-07-02 15:47:15,695 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM at PFALT-7131 ERROR Operations - OnError catching exception The child should be found on the server tree. Child [forms]. Parent []
2012-07-02 15:47:15,699  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM at  ERROR Codice.CM.Server.ExceptionTracerSink - Dumping in-transit exception:There has been an unexpected error "The child should be found on the server tree. Child [forms]. Parent []". For more information check the server log.

I am using the integrated SQL CE backend for the new 4.1 installation.

Any ideas on why I am having this error, and how to fix it?

Hello jpadgett,

it seems that for some reason the import is not correct. Can you please generate a fast-export package with the "--nodata" parameter and send to us the result package (your code is not included on it, only scm metadata)

We will import and debug the process in order to find the issue.

You can email us to support at codicesoftware dot com

Hi jpadgett,

I just try to import the export files you send us and everything worked fine.

Importing the REP_DataAccess (cm fast-import dataaccess@localhost:8087 ..\REP_DataAccess_nodata.fast-export), I got 48 branches and 192 commits in the new repository.

Importing the REP_CloudNine (cm fast-import cloudnine@localhost:8087 ..\REP_CloudNine_nodata.fast-export), I got 47 branches and 229 commits.

Does it sound correct?

I tried with the last publish version 4.1.10.306.

Let me know if you are still having problems with those repositories.

Thanks in advanced.

No - I am not able to import even the nodata version successfully.

I have tried to switch to the SQL Server 2008 instance I was using for the 3.x install - I get an invalid column error.

I switched back to the embedded SQL CE and I still get the same error when trying to import the two problematic exports. And I get a DIFFERENT error when trying to import the "nodata" version of those exports. I have a partial server log that should contain all three of the errors described - I will try to attach - or I will send you via email.

Hello jpadgett,

I have just test it again with SqlServer CE and it works like a charm. Can we have a short GoToMeeting session in order to review your installation?

Connecting your Plastic SCM 4 instance to you SQL server 2008 server used by Plastic SCM 3 is not a good idea if you are not changing the databases prefix.

Tell me your time zone and when you are available to have the short meeting.

Archived