Multiple Plastic SCM Servers on a Linux Machine

Sean

Hello Sean,

it's quite similar, you have to configure a different port for the secondary server and if both servers are going to use the same backend (database engine) you will need to include a database suffix

<DbConfig>   ...   <DatabaseSuffix>_s2</DatabaseSuffix>   ...</DbConfig>

And in order to run both servers you will need to include on the Unix bootstrap the Plastic SCM launch.

You can do it by running the following:

./plasticd --console

or

./plasticd --daemon

I do recommend you to do it manually the first time in order to see if everything is fine.

• 1 month later...

PlasticSCM-4.1.10.341-linux-x64-installer

CentOS 6.3

PostgreSQL DB

One instance is running OK. I have coppied /opt/plasticscm4 to /opt/plasticscm4_2, modified all files, where I found some path info to _2, added DataBaseSuffix, modified port to 80087 and still cannot run the second instance.

plasticd --console

Configuration file '/opt/plasticscm4/server/remoting.conf' could not be loaded: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: port

Cannot find any file containing this path. I think it is hardcoded somewhere ... ???

In these files is modified path (from /opt/plasticscm4 to /opt/plasticscm4_2)

./server

umtoolgui

plasticd

umtool

clconfigureserver

configureserver

./client

binmergetool

plasticupd

clconfigureclient

mergetool

cm

plastic

./config

mono_setup

mono_setup_env

Cannot find any other file with strings like /opt/plasticscm4 or remoting.conf inside.

Hi,

I have a similar issue. I am trying to run two servers on one machine with Windows. I was following this blog post: http://codicesoftwar...lastic-scm.html, however it is not working in the current version (Plastic 4.1.10.345). Everything looks fine, until I try to run the second service. It just doesn't start. I tried to run it as a console app and it returns this error message:

log4net:ERROR [FileAppender] Unable to acquire lock on file C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM4\server\query.log.txt. The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM4\server\query.log.txt' because it is being used by another process.
log4net:ERROR [RollingFileAppender] Unable to acquire lock on file C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM4\server\ChannelCall.log.txt. The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM4\server\ChannelCall.log.txt' because it is being used by another process.
log4net:ERROR [FileAppender] Unable to acquire lock on file C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM4\server\upgrade.log.txt. The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM4\server\upgrade.log.txt' because it is being used by another process.
log4net:ERROR [RollingFileAppender] Unable to acquire lock on file C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM4\server\plastic.server.log. The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM4\server\plastic.server.log' because it is being used by another process.
Creating ServerSink
Remoting configuration failed with the exception 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
  at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)
  at Codice.Channels.PlasticTcpServerChannel.StartListening(Object data)
  at Codice.Channels.PlasticTcpServerChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IServerChannelSinkProvider serverSinkProvider, Boolean bUseSSL)
  at Codice.Channels.PlasticTcpChannel.CreateServerChannel(IDictionary properties, IServerChannelSinkProvider serverSink)
  at Codice.Channels.PlasticTcpChannel.Init(IDictionary properties, IClientChannelSinkProvider clientSink, IServerChannelSinkProvider serverSink)
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.CreateChannelFromConfigEntry(ChannelEntry entry)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureChannels(RemotingXmlConfigFileData configData, Boolean ensureSecurity)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureRemoting(RemotingXmlConfigFileData configData, Boolean ensureSecurity)'.

It is quite clear what happens: it tries to use files from the first server directory, while it should use my second serverDOC directory. How can I solve that? Is the path hardcored somewhere?

JakubH, in your case you are trying to use the same port for both servers. Check the remoting.conf file and choose a different one for the SSL and the regular channel.

That's why the framework is complaining with this error:

SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

I am afraid I don't understand to your latest post, maybe it is intended for the Linux case.

However I finally manage to get it up and running: the second service was installed wrong – with incorrect path. I delete it and create it again manually (using sc create PlasticServerDOC binPath= "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM4\serverDOC\plasticd.exe" DisplayName= "Plastic Server 4 DOC" start= auto). It is working now.

Archived