Exception at Client start

idursun

Hi,

I am currently evaluating Plastic SCM for our company. I have chosen the backend to be postgresql server but encountered the following error:

2013-04-24 17:30:26,466 (null) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM at (null) ERROR Codice.CM.Server.RepositoryHandler - key=value argument incorrect in ConnectionString
Parameter name: poolİng    at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectionStringBuilder.GetKey(String key)
   at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectionStringBuilder.set_Item(String keyword, Object value)
   at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionStringBuilder.set_ConnectionString(String value)
   at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectionStringBuilder..ctor(String connectionString)
   at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection..ctor(String ConnectionString)
   at dh.b(String A_0)
   at Codice.CM.Data.BaseDataManager.CreateRepositoriesData()
   at Codice.CM.Server.RepositoryHandler.InitService()
2013-04-24 17:30:26,518 (null) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM at (null) INFO  Channel - Start listening
2013-04-24 17:30:26,519 69457f7b-19c0-412c-ab91-562487a34295 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM at Server:IDURSUN2 INFO  Transaction - Transaction timeout -> 120000ms
2013-04-24 17:30:26,528 69457f7b-19c0-412c-ab91-562487a34295 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM at Server:IDURSUN2 ERROR Trigger - There was an error loading the triggers. Error: key=value argument incorrect in ConnectionString
Parameter name: poolİng
2013-04-24 17:30:37,362 (null) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM at (null) INFO  Channel - ThreadPool MaxThreads = 32
2013-04-24 17:30:37,363 (null) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM at (null) INFO  Channel - ThreadPool MinThreads = 8
2013-04-24 17:30:37,393 (null) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM at (null) ERROR Codice.CM.Server.RepositoryHandler - key=value argument incorrect in ConnectionString
Parameter name: poolİng    at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectionStringBuilder.GetKey(String key)
   at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectionStringBuilder.set_Item(String keyword, Object value)
   at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionStringBuilder.set_ConnectionString(String value)
   at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectionStringBuilder..ctor(String connectionString)
   at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection..ctor(String ConnectionString)
   at dh.b(String A_0)
   at Codice.CM.Data.BaseDataManager.CreateRepositoriesData()
   at Codice.CM.Server.RepositoryHandler.InitService()
2013-04-24 17:30:37,395 8cfd59f2-9071-4f8a-a19e-b846b0864970 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM at Server:IDURSUN2 ERROR Trigger - There was an error loading the triggers. Error: key=value argument incorrect in ConnectionString
Parameter name: poolİng

Note the İ letter in "pooling".

I have other problems with SQL Server, SQL Server CE and Sqlite backends as reported here: http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/1387-branch-explorer-error/

Are these going to be fixed any time soon?

Hi,

In the post you mention, the issue is related to TURKISH_CI_AS collation on SQL Server.

http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/382858/field-names-becomes-case-sentive-when-we-use-turkish-ci-asyou

Is it the same issue as yours?

Plastic supports UTF-8 collation. Is it possible for you to change your SQL Server collation to UTF-8? Or maybe install a new SQL Server to store Plastic databases?

Best regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

I am having this error with the PostgreSQL backend. The client is not starting at all. I have selected PostgreSQL to avoid that exception on the other post. I am reporting this to inform you Plastic SCM is not working out of the box with many database backends when Turkish is involved in the set up.

I get an exception when I want to see Branch Explorer if I want to use it with SQL Server, but the client starts at least.

Actually I had one or another error with every database backend that I have tried. Maybe my installation is messed up after switching database backend many times. I am going to start over tomorrow.

Hello idursun,

I'll be happy to arrange a meeting with you in order to find out why it's not working. Can you please tell me your time zone and when are you available?

I think the problem is only related with the server and the database backend you are using so once we'll have the server running fine the client will start without problems.

Manu.

Hi Manu,

Thanks for taking time. We are at GMT+3 timezone.

To summarize; I have SQL Server 2008 and PostgreSQL 9.2 installed on my machine now. If I choose SQL Server backend then I get the same exception in the post which I linked above. I get the same exception if I choose SQL Server CE or Sqlite. I haven't tried to change server collation because there are other applications that depend on current server configuration.

If I choose PostgreSQL then I get the exception in my first post.

If I choose Firebird then I get this exception at the client start:

---------------------------
Error
Plastic SCM server IDURSUN2:8087 wasn't able to open a connection to the database. Check the server log (plastic.server.log). Error: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B) Plastic client can't continue and will be closed.
OK   

I can provide Teamviewer 8 credentials through private message whenever you are ready.

Hi Manu,

I guess it is very busy there.

I just wanted to mention that I have managed to make Plastic SCM with postgresql as the back-end database. All I did was to change my regional settings to United States. I've also changed the account that Plastic SCM service runs under to my account in our domain. It is working now and we making plans to switch to Plastic SCM as soon as possible!

Either way, it would be great if it worked out of the box. I hope you get those Turkish-I bugs fixed in the upcoming releases.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived