Use Plasctic SCM client for Git Repos

bastos71230

Hello,

I would like to use the plastic SCM client for Git Repos.

The problem is I need a Plastic server to create a  "Bridge Repository" to make it works and use "Replication > Sync with Git" to contribute to thos Git projects.

So I downloaded the Plastic SCM installer, selecting Server and Client components during installation, but when I try to configure my local server, the application asks me to enter licence informations, but I don't have one ! 

Is it mandatory to buy a licence, just to use the server for only one person in local, just to create "Bridge Repositories" ?

I know there are free licences but we have to send informations about our projects, etc... And those projects have to be non-profit. Unfortunatly the projects I work are for my Job, so I think I wo't be able to obtain a free license :/

It would be really disappointing being not able to use a server freely for only one developper, because the Plastic SCM client interface is just very nice and intuitive comparing to SourceTree or others client applications...

Thanks for your replies ! :)

Hi there!

your best option is the "personal license", it's free and you just need to follow us on twitter, that's all.

https://www.plasticscm.com/download/request/requestpersonal

Notice you can skip the Twitter step but it will take al least one week for us to process it.

This personal license will allow you to have a local Plastic SCM server with a single user, enough to use Plastic as a Git client.

Best,

Manu.

Archived