Trouble connecting from remote client (Not on domain) with domain creds

Aaron K

Hi there. We use Plastic here at work on our domain with AD authentication and everything's fine. I am wanting to set up a development machine at home, not on the AD domain but connect into plastic at work.

We have the connection working, but the auth is not. First, I can't select what user and password I want to use to connect, it just picks my currently logged in Windows user with no option to change it. I went and created a user with the same name and password as what I use at work (Obviously not on the domain) and that didn't circumvent it.

How can I auth remotely with creds I provide from my client end?

Thanks

Aaron

• 1 month later...

HI guys. I just wanted to say that this clconfigureclient settings worked, but there's definitely a bug in the fact that I have to use it at all.

The biggest pain is that when I change settings, it resets the user I am so I then have to reconfigure my client. This seems to then make me create a new workspace!

Basically I am connected to work from my machine at home. The user I am is just my local machine user, however I wanted to set plastic up to use my domain user (The one that works with plastic). Because I couldn't do this through the UI (It kept resetting to my local user when I changed a setting) I had to search for hours and find myself here.

Months later, when I simply went and added JIRA integration to my client - WHAM - it reset my user back to my local computer account, forgetting the changes I had made to make it work with my AD user. So I had to then try and remember what to do again and of course it now makes me create a new workspace and I can't just continue using the one I was.

This is really frustrating and broken.

Thanks

Aaron

Hello Aaron,

11 hours ago, Aaron K said:

The biggest pain is that when I change settings, it resets the user I am so I then have to reconfigure my client. This seems to then make me create a new workspace!

Can you elaborate a proper bug report with the steps to reproduce the issue?

It's the first time we hear about this so I would like to spend some time reproducing the failure using your input.

Archived