Plugin unlicensed error for one person on team

mendozaa265

Hey all,

I'm working on a local plastic server where we all have a team edition of Plastic running. I have the unity plugin installed and working fine. Another person on my team, however, is getting the "plugin is unlicensed in plastic scm server error." He is working remotely but he is able to push through the plastic gui so we know that he does have a working connection.

We have unity pro licenses for everyone and have had multiple people working with the plugin before. Is there something different that could be causing issues with verifying the license for the unity plugin if he's working remotely and connected through ssl? He is getting the "hostname mismatch in secure connection" warning when opening plastic but that doesn't stop him from connecting.

Any help is much appreciated. 

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

if you are using a Team Edition license installed at the Plastic SCM server machine you should be able to use the Unity plugin.

If you care getting and error from Unity then I guess his local server is not having a Team License (or Cloud or enterprise).

Can you double check it? You can check the license type and if it has Unity enabled from your www.plasticscm.com user dashboard.

So I'm a bit confused. He doesn't have a local server I guess. He's connecting to our server in the office which has the unity plugin working for me. My team director is out and he's the one that has all of the information for licenses but to be noted the server license I would send is the one that I'm connected to which allows me to use the unity  plugin but not my teammate.

If your teammate is directly connected to your office then I don't understand why the Plastic SCM server is saying the Unity license is not available.

We have to know if your coworkers has or not a local server.

I can get connected with you and try to understand the issue. Can you please tell me if you are available and when?

Archived