There has been an unexpected error "Index and count must refer to a location within the buffer.

jakeslack27

Hello @jakeslack27,

from the info written at the log file the issue might be related with a changeset comment, can you please check if the changesets you are trying to pull are having a really long comment string? If you find them please share the length with us. A sorter comment length might workaround the problem, you can edit changeset comments from the branch explorer:

image.png

Hi Manu,

Thanks for the help.

When I try to click on changeset 362 (to inspect and change the comment), the error is thrown continuously so I'm unable to inspect and change the comment.  My comments, however, are never more than about 100 characters.

ee2e644e7cd2d507c6aa1f441bcd1df7.png

Could there possibly be another reason for the this?

Thanks, Jake

plastic.debug.log.txt

Hi @jakeslack27,

ok, so the changeset comment is indeed a problem.

I'm not sure why it's failing, it might be a problem with the comment itself or maybe it was wrongly stored during the checkin operation, I would need to check the server log for the date when the checkin opertaion took place. Can you please locate the log file and send it to me? I also need the timestamp of the 362 changeset.

In order to workaround the problem now, can you please try to edit the comment using the command line? Being changed p:\privateeye\privateeye you can run something like:

cm changeset edit 362 "Hey!"

Tell me if the command is able to succeed.

Best,
Manu.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Manu,

Sorry just getting back to you, was away on holiday for a week.  So I'm back trying to solve this again.  This is what cmd spits out:

7da6946fe705f9db21c99911a308bd87.png

I've attached my log from the 21/06 which is when the check-in was made (I also included 22/06 in case anything useful there).  I'm not sure on the timestamp as the properties aren't rendered in the GUI due  to the error.

85b74815f42de6a4f1daf985f7845886.png

Thanks! Jake

plastic.debug.log.txt.20180621

plastic.debug.log.txt.20180622

Hi Jake, I'm afraid Manu is not available this week. If you write to "support@codicesoftware.com", we can continue debugging the issue.

It seems there is a problem with this specific changeset. If you cannot edit the comment, deleting the changeset may also workaround the problem.

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived