Why I cannot enable my license in Community Edition

vincent

We installed Plastic 5.0.44.506 several month ago. Recently we started to use it again but got "Limited by days evaluation license has expired." After some investigation, we found it was a problem at server side...

So we downloaded the latest version 5.0.44.533 with a registered account, and also generated one year free license for it. We just updated the installed 5.0.44.506 without uninstalling it, and put the license file under "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server". Then we tried restarting either the service or the machine, but it didn't work.

And in the server admin tool, it can show the server version 5.0.44.533. But in the users and licenses tab, it still shows Plastice SCM evaluation license, and the "Change license file" button is disable?

Any idea about this problem?

Thanks

Vincent

Hi,

You don´t need to upgrade to the latest version. You just need to generate a community license and replace the previous license in the server folder ("plasticd.lic" file). After restarting the Plastic server service it should be enabled.

We have detected an issue regarding admin tool showed information.  If you continue having issues, you can send me the license file to check if there is something wrong with it

Regards,
Carlos

I double checked the file permissions, I logged in as Admin which has the full control of the plasticd.lic file. And also tried to restart the Plastic service again, but didn't work.

Btw: Is the "Plastic Server 5" the only service I have to restart?

Yes, Plastic Server 5 is the only service to restart.

Please make sure you replace the plasticd.lic file in your server directory with the community one, but do that as an administrator, otherwise it is possible that the plasticd.lic file is not correctly replaced since it is under Program Files.

We just backup all the data and reinstalled the Plastic server(uninstalled it first!!!). Now it can show the community edition license in the admin tool and I can connect to the server via the client tool.

I believe there's a bug about this...

Hi,

Some problems here to updating my license (and two things that solved it for me):

1) press the renew license link BEFORE downloading the license (I overlooked it and downloaded last years license).

2) after copying right click the license, choose properties and unblock the license file (or windows will restrict access to it).

remark: IE11 would not let me download the license (had to use chrome for that).

regards

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Some problems here to updating my license (and two things that solved it for me):

1) press the renew license link BEFORE downloading the license (I overlooked it and downloaded last years license).

2) after copying right click the license, choose properties and unblock the license file (or windows will restrict access to it).

remark: IE11 would not let me download the license (had to use chrome for that).

regards

Where exactly is the "renew license link" ?

I'm using 5.4.16.736 - and none of the tools have such a link.

Also, the dashboard that lists my license - and has the download link on it, doesn't have a link to either generate a new license, or renew a license.

Auto-renew via license token doesn't seem to be working (I had this problem last month and contacted support - and they appear to have switched my 1 year license to a monthly license - but that generated a new one, so the license tokens were different) - now I'm back in the same boat - my plastic license is expired  :mellow:

Archived