MacOS Client connection refused loop

Fatih

Hello,

I'm constantly getting "Connection Refused" pop up during accessing our cloud centralized repo from my new MacBook. I have tried deleting .plastic4 folder and opening the app again, logged in one more time but still getting connection refused everytime I try to take an action.

Please find the debug file in the attachments.

Thank you.

plastic.debug.log.20210303 copy.txt

Hi,

Is your your local repo up and running?

2021-03-03 23:21:22,198 fatihhamza DEBUG PlasticPipe - prt:      27|GetSeid                       |local
2021-03-03 23:21:22,200 fatihhamza DEBUG CmProxy - Error invoking GetSeid. Connection refused.

In order to start and stop the local server in macOS:

launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.codicesoftware.plasticscm.server.plist

launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.codicesoftware.plasticscm.server.plist

Regards,

Carlos.

<Edit>  I've just rolled back to 9.0.16.5075 and that's working fine.

Hi,

I'm also getting this on Mac with the latest Cloud client.  I've tried starting/stopping the local server as suggested but it hasn't fixed it.

Thanks,

Neil

Edited by Neil Campbell
Temporary fix found

Hi Nikhil,

Was this after updating to the latest version?
Can you run this command and share the output?

sudo launchctl list | grep plast*

Can you share some more details of your machine? Is it an M1? BigSur version?
The previous version is working fine, right? 9.0.16.5075
Are your teammates using Mac too?

Best,
Héber.

Hello,

I'm getting this same error/symptom since upgrading to the latest version.

cbackas@Radiant-Dawn ~> sudo launchctl list | grep plast

- -6 com.codicesoftware.plasticscm.server

In my case, I'm on an M1 with Big Sur 11.2.2. Unloading/reloading the launchd job doesn't make any difference.

Looked into it more, indeed the process that the launchd job wants to launch is not actually running. So I tried invoking it manually and got an immediate crash-on-launch:

cbackas@Radiant-Dawn ~> sudo /Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/MacOS/plasticd --daemon
Process terminated. Infinite recursion during resource lookup within System.Private.CoreLib.  This may be a bug in System.Private.CoreLib, or potentially in certain extensibility points such as assembly resolve events or CultureInfo names.  Resource name: Arg_AccessViolationException
   at System.Environment.FailFast(System.String)
   at System.SR.InternalGetResourceString(System.String)
   at System.SR.GetResourceString(System.String, System.String)
   at System.AccessViolationException..ctor()
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.FilterCustomAttributeRecord(System.Reflection.MetadataToken, System.Reflection.MetadataImport ByRef, System.Reflection.RuntimeModule, System.Reflection.MetadataToken, System.RuntimeType, Boolean, ListBuilder`1<System.Object> ByRef, System.RuntimeType ByRef, System.IRuntimeMethodInfo ByRef, Boolean ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.AddCustomAttributes(ListBuilder`1<System.Object> ByRef, System.Reflection.RuntimeModule, Int32, System.RuntimeType, Boolean, ListBuilder`1<System.Object>)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(System.Reflection.RuntimeModule, Int32, Int32, System.RuntimeType)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.RuntimeType)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetCustomAttributes(System.Type, Boolean)
   at System.Attribute.GetCustomAttributes(System.Reflection.Assembly, System.Type, Boolean)
   at System.Attribute.GetCustomAttribute(System.Reflection.Assembly, System.Type, Boolean)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttributeExtensions.GetCustomAttribute[[System.__Canon, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e]](System.Reflection.Assembly)
   at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GetNeutralResourcesLanguage(System.Reflection.Assembly, System.Resources.UltimateResourceFallbackLocation ByRef)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.CommonAssemblyInit()
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager..ctor(System.Type)
   at System.SR.get_ResourceManager()
   at System.SR.InternalGetResourceString(System.String)
   at System.SR.GetResourceString(System.String, System.String)
   at System.AccessViolationException..ctor()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.__Canon, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e],[System.__Canon, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e]].TryGetValue(System.__Canon, System.__Canon ByRef)
   at System.AppContext.GetData(System.String)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.RuntimeInformation.get_FrameworkDescription()
   at log4net.Core.LoggerManager.GetVersionInfo()
   at log4net.Core.LoggerManager..cctor()
   at log4net.Core.LoggerManager.CreateRepository(System.String)
   at log4net.LogManager.CreateRepository(System.String)
   at afe..cctor()
   at afe..ctor(System.String)
   at afd.a(System.String)
   at am5..cctor()
   at agm.a(System.String[])

Hope that helps!

9.0.16.5140 has this problem, and it made Unity issue "unlicensed" errors and caused delays constantly so I had to downgrade. Turns out that 9.0.16.5128 *also* had the exact same problem, I'd skipped that version previously. 

9.0.16.5075 works fine, so currently I'm on that.

Since 5128 is the version that introduced this:
macOS - Server: The new .Net Core build is now the default!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the .Net Core build of the server is broken.

As a followup, I was able to run the 5140 client (I wanted the Rider bug fix) with the 5075 server. Duplicate /Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app in Finder (don't just rename it, the installer will find it). Then install 5140 again. Afterward, rename or delete the newly installed PlasticSCMServer.app and rename your duplicate to that name.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the report.

I'm currently investigating this issue and trying to find a pattern, as it seems it is not happening in every machine. So far, I have tested a few of them and it is not happening, but a teammate reproduced it. This was an upgrade, right? Not a clean installation.

Best,

Héber.

6 hours ago, Héber said:

Hi,

Thank you very much for the report.

I'm currently investigating this issue and trying to find a pattern, as it seems it is not happening in every machine. So far, I have tested a few of them and it is not happening, but a teammate reproduced it. This was an upgrade, right? Not a clean installation.

Best,

Héber.

Yes, it was an upgrade. If you need more information from me or for me to try things, I'd be open to that.