Out of sync after connection loss

LumpN

I'm having a lot of trouble with Plastic SCM 5.0.44.570 - Florence. Basically my internet connection is really bad right now and connection losses are frequent. As a side effect of that it seems like Plastic often hangs forever while updating, switching, or merging. At some point during the operation Plastic just stops making progress and there is no traffic on my network interface anymore. The busy wheel spins and there's a message saying "Please wait...". I left it like this for many hours. Plastic doesn't ever recover and the only option to continue working is to kill the process.

Unfortunately that leaves me with incomplete updates/merges and a workspace that is not in sync with any changeset anymore. I seem to be unable to recover from that situation. Updating again, reverting all pending changes then updating, or switching to the changeset again don't help at all.

After all of that the status of my workspace still stays incorrect. Plastic SCM gives the impression that I'm now synchronized to a specific changeset. It lists no pending changes. But I know that some files are out of sync. Those files are not on any ignore list by the way. If I change some unimportant whitespace, Plastic SCM will list the file as pending and will show both the whitespace change and the actual code change which was out of sync before.

Let me know if there is anything you need from me to reproduce those effects.

Hello LumpN,

I think you are the owner of the following SO question, right? 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24462107/force-workspace-update-in-plastic-scm

In Plastic SCM 5.4 we have a new channel that uses UDT so maybe it's interesting if we give it a try. If the connection is very very slow but it's not broken the update will continue.... very slow but it will contniue I think that's the reason it never ends. If you break the connection with the server you will get a network broken dialog. I can give you the UDT channel details if you want.

Seems your workspace is half way updated, test the parameter CodingGorilla gave you to check if it helps, if not we can think in another solution.

Archived