All files need to be checked out manually

Alterego Games

Hi!

So new PlasticSCM user here, coming from mainly Collaborate. I wonder why all the files in my project are locked, untill I manually press "Checkout". Is this normal Plastic behaviour?

I googled, and saw that if you uncheck "Update and Checkin operations set files as read-only" this would be fixed.
However, the option was unchecked by default.

Is there a way to not have to manually Checkout each file before I can edit them?

I'm on the Plastic Unity beta plugin version 1.4.3

Capture.thumb.PNG.5b1811a775f1546d61690ed90a7b9624.PNG

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this.

This is currently the intended behaviour of the plugin and in some (if not most) workflows it is desirable. I do understand that this is not always the case. There is not currently a way to remove this behaviour from the plugin, but we are currently reviewing this workflow to make it as simple as possible for ALL workflows.

Hope this information helps and please watch this space! :)

Hi!

Thank you for the feedback on this.

To build on the reply from @ollieblanks, we are currently working on addressing this. By default, the checkout will not be enforced. There will still be an option to enable the "forced checkout of Unity assets", but it will not be the default behavior anymore. This will be released in an upcoming version after we complete the move of the plugin to the Unity Package Manager.

Please feel free to share more feedback on your experience with Plastic SCM for Unity with us! :)

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Just moved from Unity collab to Unity PlasticSCM and still trying to figure out the new things. Right now looks like there's no option to turn off the manual checkouts, so it's causing a bit slower workflow since in our project we keep hundreds of prefabs items which need balancing and editing daily.

So looking forward for the update! :)

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2022 at 10:57 AM, calbzam said:

Hi,

In the last Plastic SCM plugin version, you can configure the plugin so you are not forced to checkout the assets before editing them.

Regards,

Carlos.

Thank you for making this change!

I'm currently using Unity's Version Control Package 1.9.0 and I can't find the setting. Would you screenshot where I can find the option to disable checkouts?