Evaluation - the maximum number of licensed users has been exceeded

Misieq

Hi

First of all I need to say that features of PlasticSCM looks very very well.

So I am trying to check it and I started by going through "Evaluation Guide". 

Installation and configuration went right (I downloaded version 5.0.44.620 (Maranello)).

First parts of Evaluation Guide went pretty find (except fact that PlasticSCM GUI is by default setting date filter so it took me a while to find out why Branch Explorer is not showing any data pulled from SCM server).

Currently I'm stuck on "Merge" chapter. I am not able to create new branch (I have tried both from GUI and also  from command line).

All the time I receive following info: "The maximum number of licensed users has been exceeded."

What is even more funny is that at the bottom of GUI client there is red bar with info that I am in 5-day trial mode and I can request 30-day demo. But clicking on the "Renew license" link gives exactly the same results as creating new branch ("The maximum number of ...").

Thank you in advance for you help.

• 4 months later...

Similar issues.

Downloaded plastic for evaluation.

1. Issues with QHD displays

Using a QHD display installer fonts were displayed on top of each other and almost impossible to read.

Also on QHD display SCM client looks very fuzzy and low-res.

If graphical tools are a plastic priority when can we except support for high DPI displays? 

2. Could not complete evaluation guide

Same day as download and install tried to complete the evaluation guide but on the step to create branch from label received error dialog:  "The maximum number of licensed users has been exceeded."?

Hi,

Regarding you license, could you contact us (including you registered user at www.plasticscm.com) at:   support at codicesoftware dot com  ?

We will generate an extended evaluation license for more users in order allow you to finish the eval guide.  We will review the issue as well.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Regards,

Carlos

Archived