Macplastic file conflict 'choose resolution method' appears missing

Zheroth

I'm using macplastic 5.4.16.666 (Barcelona) and when performing a merge with conflicting files, there doesn't appear to be an option to choose the resolution method.

In the Windows client and even in the Mono client, there is an option to choose: 1) Keep source contributor , 2) Keep destination contributor or 3) Merge changes from both contributors, before processing all merges but the Mac client only gives the option to process all merges.

Is it possible, in the current mac client, to choose to keep source or destination contributor before processing all merges like in the other clients?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

@JarJar I have the same situation as you but on Linux.

For diff'ing I configured Plastic client to use Meld. Go in preferences, click on "Merge Tools".

In the case of diff, for the type $text I simply set it as :

/usr/bin/meld "@sourcefile" "@destinationfile"

Should be easy to adapt this setting to use Meld as a merge tool.

Fred

Actually I didn't manage to get meld to work properly for merge operations :(

It'd be cool if Codice, or someone who got it right, could post the command line configuration for meld as a merge tool.

Thanks in advance

Fred

And as I said you can configure kdiff3 and Ctrl+Shift+1 will choose A (base) +2 will choose B (source) +3 will choose C (destination).

If you don't like kdiff3 you can always choose any other.

Do it meanwhile we implement the "Choose contributor" feature, I think next will be ready.

I am currently using diffuse http://diffuse.sourceforge.net/, as it looks much better than either kdiff3 or meld, for diff on linux and the suggested kdiff3 to merge. I have not tried using

The commandline to enter into plastic's configuration screen for diff to use diffuse is:

diffuse "@sourcefile" -L "@sourcesymbolic" "@destinationfile" -L "@destinationsymbolic"

• 3 weeks later...

Archived