Change Repository Administrator Ubuntu

DriverSim

Here's a fun one.  One of our developers has left for another job.  This developer acted as our department IT person.  He set up our asset server using a version of Ubuntu and installed Plastic.  Great SVN we love it, but now our team has to figure out how to use Linux and Plastic via the command line.  I've had Unix classes way back in the day so Linux isn't completely foreign but I am rusty.

What I am trying to do is deactivate the absent developer's license and assign it to our new developer.  I was able to find these commands on the forum...

cm du <username>

cm au <username>

However, I am not the repository administrator so when I try to use them I get errors.

Here's what I need help with:

1) I want to reassign myself as the administrator of the repository.

2) I want to deactiveate the old dev's license and reassign it to our new dev.

Please be verbose in your response and don't assume I am a Linux master, I need step by step help - we all know that one command switch can make all the difference :-)

Hi,

If you have a GUI for connection to server it, you can Drive to the repositories view -->  Right-click --> Repository server permissions -->  change repository server owner.

From the command line:  cm setowner -user=administrator repserver:localhost:8087

Regards,

Carlos.

• 1 month later...

From the command line:  cm setowner -user=administrator repserver:localhost:8087

I'm having a similar issue, but I don't think we ever set an administrator user. This command doesn't fail, but even after restarting the plasticsd server, when I try to run the command "cm du username" I get the following message:

You don't have permissions to deactivate user username. You need to be repository server administrator in order to be allowed to complete this operation.

Archived