Visual Studio 2012 integration: diff viewer fails to work

marioo

I've installed Plastic SCM 5.4.16.677 - Johannesburg including Visual Studio integration. When I click the 'Checkin' menu item in project context menu, it displays pending changes. However, when I click the 'Show diffs' button in it, and then select a changed file, I get an error message saying "An error occurred processing your request." The diff section at the bottom shows a progress indicator and a text saying "Calculate differences. Please wait...". Nothing happens.

Let me mention that this is the first time I'm testing Visual Studio integration and I don't know whether it worked properly in previous Plastic SCM versions.

Manu, I used SVN a couple of years ago together with an integration package for Visual Studio. As far as I remember, VS always displayed the up-to-date statuses of all project files (the icons next to files). Whenever a file was modified or checked in, its icon updated automatically in the project.

On the other hand, when you want to see up-to-date statuses when using Plastic SCM integration, you have to refresh the project manually from the context menu. Would you consider improving it?

Archived