Syntax highlighting, changset(s) export and issue with cm find

Misieq

Hi

Recently I had a chance to start using PlasticSCM in our production environment and I have three points which I notice

1) I have just discovered syntax highlighting feature of diff viewer. It is fantastic improvement and I'm glad PlasticSCM has it.

I have only one question - it looks that this feature basis on Intellisense (at least colours are the same as in Visual Studio).

Do you support Hint Files (for details see following MS article: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd997977.aspx).

We are using a lot of custom macros in our C projects to abstract compiler specific features and usually such macros makes any code parsers blind).

For example:

void foo(int * bar);

In our case looks as follows:

FUNC(void, memclass) foo( P2VAR(int, memclass, ptrclass) bar) );

2) Is there a way to export only files modified and added in specific changeset/changset range/branch by single command and/or GUI (preserving folder structure)?

Samething similar to "patch" (which is also not available) but with complete files content and folder structure.

Second question in this are - it would be great to add in GUI option "Save revision..." also in "Browse repository on this changeset" view. Currently after right-clicking file in this few there is no such option. I must choose "History" and later on right click on specific revision and "Save..."

3) I recently noticed that "cm find revision" stopped to show files. It only displays folders in which changes were done.

This problem also leads to situation that in Jenkins Change Log changesets appear but after clicking "Details" there is only info about folders and no files.

Best regards

Hi,

1) We are using the next editor to enable this feature: 

http://www.actiprosoftware.com/products/controls/wpf/syntaxeditor/text

I´m almost sure that it allows to use external parser to customize the highlighting for external languages. If you decide to include something, we will add it to Plastic as well :)

2) The most similar command we have is the "cm diff --download".

Do you know this new feature?

http://codicesoftware.blogspot.com/2015/02/plasticdrive-dynamic-readonly.html

3) You should be able to find file revisions as well. Please, check the next article:

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/cmfind/plastic-scm-version-control-query-system-guide.shtml#Chapter7:Revisions

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi

Thanks for response.

Regarding 1 and 2 I will check.

Regarding 3 - I know this option. And in fact Jenkins plugin use it.

However it looks that output generated by this command is incorrect.

It only lists folders.

cm find revisions where changeset=40 on repositories 'rep:XXX@repserver:YYY:8087' --xml --dateformat=yyyy'-'MM'-'dd'T'HH':'mm':'ss

And as a result in XML only entries related to folders appear.

If --xml option is removed than I got plain text and also only directories are listed.

Please verify if "cm find revisions" command generates correct output on your side.

PS. I use 5.4.16.679 as client. For sever I do not recall what version is used (is it possible to check remotly?)

Hi!

thank you for pointing out the issue with the find revs, I'm trying to reproduce it without luck.

Can you tell me the version used at the server side? (just run cm version from the server machine and that will be also the server version)

I think version of server does not matter.

I think I have spotted problem.

Please note that according to branch per task approach all changesets in /main branch are results of merge operation.

It looks that in such case 'cm find' returnes only directories and no files.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Misieq!

yes, sorry for the delay, I can now understand the issue. The problem is that after a merge new revisions are not created (it would be a disaster for performance), merged revisions are linked instead.

That's why the "find revisions" command is not finding the changed files and only the parent directories (holding the links).

Can you try another alternative? For example, the "cm diff cs:XY" and the "cm log cs:XY" will give you the same info and it's even easier to parse the output using the "--format" parameter.

Archived