Register New License not working

Hi there,

I'm trying to register a new license with our plastic scm server (Running on Ubuntu 14.04). I have followed all the instructions I can find. Stop the service, upload the plasticd.lic and change the plasticd.token.lic file in the /opt/plasticscm5/server folder, then restart the service. I have run the clconfigureserver command multiple times entering the token when prompted.  Yet when I run the "cm li" command, it tells me that I'm still using the extended trial license. 

We have ten people in the team, and have a license to cover that, but since the server still thinks it's running the extended trial license, half of our team is unable to use source control!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

try the following:

1) Stop the Plastic SCM server daemon.

2) Remove the plasticd.lic and plasticd.token.lic files.

3) Configure the server to use the token license.

4) Start the Plastic SCM server daemon.

Tell me if it helps.

root@Figure-Of-Eight-Plastic:/home/oliver# clconfigureserver
####--- Server configuration wizard ---####
Configuring language. These are the available languages:
1. English
2. Spanish
Choose a language (type a number): 1

------------

Configuring users/security working mode. These are the available modes:
1. NameWorkingMode
2. NameIDWorkingMode
3. LDAPWorkingMode
4. ADWorkingMode
5. UPWorkingMode
6. TubeWorkingMode
Choose a mode (type a number): 5

------------

Configuring server listening port ...
Server working port [8087]: 8087

PlasticSCM server has been correctly configured ...

Plastic SCM comes in two editions: Enterprise for big teams who demand high scalability and Team for groups up to 15 developers. You can learn more about editions in plasticscm.com:
1. Enterprise
2. Team
Choose the edition you want to install (type a number):

After I choose the server working port, I receive this message. Asking me to choose between team and enterprise.

If i choose team, then enter the token code and press enter, it still tells me I'm using the trial license...

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I up this topic because i'm experiencing the same issue trying to change the licence token.

I stopped the deamon, I removed "plasticd.lic" and "plasticd.token.lic", used the clconfigureserver command, and started again the deamon.

I'm stll having the old licence appearing using "cm li".

What can I do ? Only contact support or is there a way to solve this ?

Thanks

Hi!

can you do the following?

1) clconfigureclient: Configure the client to work with the server whare the licence is failing.

2) cm li: Check if you get the right info.

If you don't get the right info stop the Plastic SCM server, remove all the tokens and plasticd.lic files you have inside the Plastic SCM server directory and place the right plasticd.lic file (downloaded from your www.plasticscm.com user dashboard) inside the server directory, then start the Plastic SCM server again and check the "cm li" result. If it works repeat the process but using the token with the clconfigureserver tool.

Hi !

Thanks for your support

I did the above procedure :

Stopped the deamon, removed license files in server directory, put the right license file in server directory, then started the server => I got the right license info

But, I stopped again the server, configure it to use the new license token, and restarted the server => I got the previous license info.

So, it works, but I can't use my token to autorenew the license

Hi,

Please upgrade your Plastic SCM server to the last available version. We recently fixed an issue editing the tokens when a license was not expired.

[New]
Now, the auto-renewal license is updated on the server startup too. So the changes on the license can be updated at any time restarting the server.

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived