Fast-Import not pulling in user information

gregsohl

Still working through testing conversion from SourceSafe. I did a "cm fast-import" into Plastic v4.... (well, hang on a minute I have to go to the command line to see what version I'm using since there is no About box and no version display in the UI) v4.0.239.19. Looking at the files and changesets, they all show the user that did the fast-import (me) instead of the user that did the real changes.

I reviewed the fast-export file. The correct users are in it.

Is this expected behavior, am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Greg

I could really use some help with this. Clearly if I cannot import user information, I cannot make the switch to PlasticSCM. I am liking this product. But these rough edges and days of no response are hurting my confidence.

Hello Greg,

yesterday was a bank day here in Spain, also today (Easter week). We can take a look into this strange behavior next Monday.

I'm sure it should be a small thing since the repository you sent to me can be imported with all your users.

Thank you. Also, I had an email conversation going with Manuel Lucio Dallo and have not heard back from him this week, despite following up. Is that you or someone else? If someone else, can you nudge them please? Need to know why the fast import doesn't work with my configuration.

Ok Greg, But if you read the guides/blog or the forum I'm sure you will be able to get that you can use the replication to move the databases from one system to another.

For example, if the import is failing with MS SQL but not with SQLite you can use SQLite and then migrate all the repository to MS SQL.... We will try to fix the issue with MS SQL and meanwhile you can continue working or evaluating in your desired configuration.

Archived