Replication for server synchronization

sbrassard

All,

I started looking at replication in Plastic to basically synchronize our Plastic server with a "backup" Plastic server on our LAN in a geographically different location. So far it seems as though I can't have Plastic replicate an entire repository the way I want it to.

I would like to tell Plastic to replicate from Server A to Server B and pick one or many repositories to "keep in sync". We would like to use this kind of feature as a nightly backup of our Plastic repositories.

So, would it be better to just replicate the SQL Server database that is storing our data instead of having plastic manage this? The reason I like plastic to do it would be to set up some kind of trigger to manage this, but I'm really not too sure how I would use a trigger here to do this.

Ideas?

Well,

Why don't you use the Sync Replication View to perform the sync between the servers?

It's manually but it can do exactly what you want. You can replicate from your workstation installation from one server to another just with a few clicks...

Maybe you can write some batch file (using the 'cm find' and 'cm replicate' commands) and schedule the execution from time to time on Plastic's server...

Even better, you can let the SQL Server backup job do it for you.

There's no problem letting the database do the backup for you. It's safe.

:)

• 1 year later...

Archived