BUG: Ctrl+Backspace in checkin comments box freezes my computer

rgilkes

On Windows 7, in the checkin comments box, using either the Visual Studio 2012 Plastic SCM plugin or the Plastic SCM client, if I press the key combination Ctrl+Backspace, my computer freezes. If I press ctrl-alt-delete, I can regain control of my machine but then Windows tells me Visual Studio has stopped working or Plastic SCM client has stopped working, depending on where I pressed the key combination.

I'm running PlasticSCM 4.1.10.473

Any fix available?

Hi,

I´m not able to reproduce the issue. Did you find this issue in a previous version? Are you using the Windows shell extension to commit the changes? Do you have any other integration active (Jira, bugzilla...) or conditional format rules? 

Do you have a client in any other machine to reproduce the issue?

I will try to reproduce your scenario.

Thanks,

Carlos

Hi,

I´m not able to reproduce the issue. Did you find this issue in a previous version? Are you using the Windows shell extension to commit the changes? Do you have any other integration active (Jira, bugzilla...) or conditional format rules? 

Do you have a client in any other machine to reproduce the issue?

I will try to reproduce your scenario.

Thanks,

Carlos

Yes, unfortunately I've found it in all previous versions I've used too. I keep updating with every new version released hoping the issue will go away. Prior version I had installed was 4.1.10.463. No I'm not using windows shell extension; I did not install it. Other integrations? If you tell me how, I can build a comprehensive list of integrations for you. However, since it also happens in the Plastic client itself, it seems we can rule out Visual Studio/integrations altogether. No? If Plastic does logging or anything else that can be help troubleshoot, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi!

If it's happening with the regular Plastic SCM GUI we can forget VS, it's a problem with the GUI :P

Please enable the "plastic.log.conf" log file and post us the result file log, hopefully we'll see something.

Check this link in order to learn how to enable the GUI log: http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-enabling-logging-for-plastic-scm-part-i.aspx

Thanks!

Hi!

If it's happening with the regular Plastic SCM GUI we can forget VS, it's a problem with the GUI :P

Please enable the "plastic.log.conf" log file and post us the result file log, hopefully we'll see something.

Check this link in order to learn how to enable the GUI log: http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-enabling-logging-for-plastic-scm-part-i.aspx

Thanks!

Thanks Manu, I've uploaded the client log file produced by the Plastic SCM GUI.

plastic20130905-20.log.txt

post-16019-0-63880000-1378439167_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived