"Too many connections" while trying to sync with git

Sam

Hello everybody,

I have an error while I'm trying to sinc with a git repo on github :

cm sync Ext_Adafruit_NeoPixel git https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_NeoPixel.git
log4net:ERROR [FileAppender] Unable to acquire lock on file C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client\cm.log.txt. L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client\cm.log.txt' est refusé.
Upgrading mappings from server... |
both contributors.
Upgrading mappings from server... OK
Receiving references... OK
Compressing objects... OK
Downloading... OK
Processing objects:... /The label 'v1.0.3' exists in Plastic & Git but it is applied to different changesets
The label 'v1.0.2' exists in Plastic & Git but it is applied to different changesets
The label 'v1.0.1' exists in Plastic & Git but it is applied to different changesets
The label '1.0.0' exists in Plastic & Git but it is applied to different changesets

- 139 changesets to pull
- 114 changesets to push

There are changes to push and pull.
Will pull the remote changes then you'll have to merge them and push the changes back.
Processing objects:... OK
Importing... / 120/139Error: The changeset '357cf4154915663653724cf50867c4ee259d980d' could not be imported. Error: There has been an unexpected error "Too many connections". For more information check the server log. Please contact with the support team.

Can someone help me to solve the problem ?

Thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Finally I figured it out ! The problem was not linked to the repository itself, I encountered the error "Too many connections" more and more frequently, so I made a little search about this. I increased the value max_connections in mysql.ini and there is no more bug now.

Just a question, why plastic uses so many connections to mySql server ? (my max_connection variable was initially 151 and it was insufficient ...)

Thank you

Hi Sam,

there are some internal proceses in the Plastic SCM server and some commands that are opening a connection for each database, we are trying to minimize this and we also have something really great prepared to launch in a few weeks. Keep tuned.

BTW, happy to know it's working fine!

Archived