Cloud - Managing repository permissions/access

Downie

I'm evaluating Plastic Cloud Edition using Gluon as the front end. I've tried searching the web and forums to see if it is possible to manage access to individual cloud repositories but haven't been able to find any clear information. I'm interested specifically in the following:

- Can you grant people access to specific repositories and not others?

- Can access be restricted to read-only?

- and if so how is this managed?

Hi,

In Plastic, you can configure the permissions for every operation based on your needs (doesn't matter if you use Gluon or Plastic GUI). In the following guide we explain it in detail including some real scenarios like the one you are commenting:

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/security/plastic-scm-version-control-security-guide

If you still have some questions, we can arrange a training session with you. You can reach us at support@codicesoftware.com

Regards,

Carlos.

@calbzam I might need to get in touch for training as I'm finding it quite tricky to follow the steps in that document - for example in the Plastic SCM frontend (not Gluon) under the Repositories window, right clicking on a repository doesn't show any permissions options (see the image below). It could be that the document is more relevant for self hosted rather than cloud hosted repos or perhaps I'm just misunderstanding the document

864486852_Screenshot2019-05-09at09_55_25.png.3a99c99a344a09ce7c64c3d0d4695d39.png

Sorry, I'm afraid the macOS GUI doesn't include this option in the right-click menu :( The guide is based on the WIndows GUI. If you are both using macOS, the permissions can be configured by "cm acl --help" command. Please reach us at support@codicesoftware.com and we can arrange a training session with you.

Regards,

Carlos.

• Thanks 1