Migration from OSX Server to Windows

TLDR: How might we migrate from our OSX team server and all of it's repositories, branches, etc to a new windows machine? I can't find any cross platform migration tips. 

The PlasticSCM Server for OSX, in a word, Sucks. While the client has gotten MUCH better in the last year, the server is a total PITA when something goes wrong. There are essentially no docs or guides specific to very mundane and regular CLI admin issues such as: replacing the token (running through server config and specifying a new token doesn't do it, yay), there is no GUI client for admin, etc. etc. 

After wasting days on several occasions for support to get back to us, or trying to piece things together from the forums, and then verify that they apply to the newer versions of plastic, we're considering migration of our repos to a windows server so we can actually USE the docs, and gui admin client etc.

I'll start speccing a new server machine while I wait for I don't know how long for support to answer my last ticket about our license issue. One more day of labor wasted by a new employee because he can't pull our project down :)

Andrew

Archived