Finding changes in the Workspace

limbicnation

Hello,

I'm afraid the Gluon "Checkin changes" view will perform the same as the Plastic "Pending changes" view, the same core lives under the hood. If the speed is the main reason to switch to plastic.exe I would wait.

We need to first find out why it's taking so long to calculate the changes in your workspace. Please place the attached "gluon.log.conf" file inside your "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client" directory. The log should be generate at: "C:\plasticlogs" please close the Gluon GUI and send me all the log generated after reopening Gluon and its "checkin changes" view.

I do recommend you to reduce the number of private items, you are having a lot of them and might be impacting in performance, the same goes for the deleted items. The core will try to match private and deleted items to search for move operations, that might be the reason of the lack of speed. Please reduce the private items by adding them to the ignore list (Right click an item -> "Add to ignore list" -> ...). Undo or checkin the deleted ones.

Hi Manu,

Yes, I generally want to exclude all plugins/Private Items from the source control. These take a long time to calculate, since it's thousands of items. However, I can't find the “gluon.log.conf” in the plastic client directory. Could you please assist me remotely, since this is a bigger problem, I guess. Thank you!

Best,

Gero

Archived