Checkin trigger is not fired when using Merge To + several minor bugs

JakubH

I found out that checkin trigger is not fired when a user chooses Advanced merge > Merge from this branch to... and finishes the merge. After successful merge, a new changeset is automatically created in the destination branch with a comment which user can insert in a dialog box. I would expect that the checkin trigger is fired, but it is not. As far as I know, there is also no other trigger which can be used instead in this situation. I think this is quite a hole in the trigger system. What do you think?

By the way, I have noticed several minor bugs in some time, so I'm going to report them:

• In a dialog for selection of revisions of an item to show a diff: it is possible to fill in a changeset number automatically, but then en error shows up. You need to find that changeset in a list.
  • Refreshing of a Branch Explorer view shows a message Downloading branch and changeset data from ... to ..., while the end date is always shown even though it is unchecked and not used (it can be set to an older date than the initial date, which makes the message meaningless).
  • In code reviews list: when a column Title is not wide enough to reveal a title of a code review, it is shortened with an ellipsis. That is OK. However, when the window itself is not big enough so that a horizontal scrollbar appears and you drag the view using that scrollbar, then the shortened title(s) starts to run over to the next column.
  • I have had some more but you manage to fix them before I've found time to report them. ;-)

Hi!

• Merge-to: IMHO it should trigger the after/before-ci trigger.
  • Diff: Ouch! The hint text should be something like "cs:" and be used also for the "First revision" field.... It makes you think "3" would be enough...
  • BranchExplorer: Annoying wrong label that has been living with us years! We'll fix it, don't know when but we'll do sooner or later.
  • Scroll: It happens for the rest of views too, we reported it internally and we'll fix it asap.
  • More issues already fixed: Yuhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! :)

As always, thanks for your feedback!

• Merge-to: IMHO it should trigger the after/before-ci trigger.

I would expect it too, but it does not happen.

• Diff: Ouch! The hint text should be something like "cs:" and be used also for the "First revision" field.... It makes you think "3" would be enough...

I try "123" and even "cs:123" but in both cases I get: Error – Incorrect object specification. When I select the changeset from a list, it fills "cs:123" in and suddenly it works.

• 4 weeks later...

If I understand it correctly, the Merge To operation cannot be forbidden (while I want to permit a normal checkin to that branch) and there is even no trigger fired when this operation occurs.

That's quite inconsistent, isn't it?

• 5 months later...

Archived