Updated plastic:// URLs to launch diff windows

nqramjets

It's very handy for us to be able to send links to each other at my work which lead to a particular diff.

Based on some old blog posts I tried to implement this the best I could but was having issues using the syntax indicated. (see this post: http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/2491-jira-interactive-link-to-changeset/?hl=%2Bjira+%2Bplastic)

To launch a diff use the following URLs (On Windows)

Branch Diff: 

plastic://showbranch=br:<BranchPath>@<RepoName>@<Server:Port>

Changeset Diff:

plastic://showchangeset=cs:<Cset Number>@br:<Branch Path>@<RepoName>@<Server:Port>

I'm just posting this to help someone else out who may be trying to do the same thing.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Just found this, and it seems like it could be quite handy for achieving better integration with various issue trackers!

Is there any reason why this (or the WebUI alternative) isn't documented more prominently (eg, is it at risk of being deprecated, etc)? I'm pretty sure I've read through most if not all of the online documentation (minus blog posts) and this is the first I've come across this!

Also, is it possible to link to a diff via changeset GUID instead (given that changeset numbers can vary across replicated servers)?

Cheers

David

Archived